Guest Artist Program
The Cats want to showcase new talent. There are two levels of involvement.Guest Appearance. If you would like to make a guest appearance with the Cat’s Pajamas:
- Contact Jeff Anvinson or Greg Jeffrey.
- Provide a short sample of your singing / playing. This could be an mp3 file or a link to an audio or video file.
- We will review, and let you know if there is a specific gig that might fit your talents.
We’ll Explore Possibilities
- We’ll then discuss one or two numbers that you might like to do. We’ll help you choose something appropriate for a specific gig.
- That done, we’ll ask you to provide a ‘lead sheet’ with chord symbols in your preferred key; or if that is not possible, provide a link or recording.
- We will determine if the songs/keys/arrangements are suitable for a specific gig, then schedule a mutually convenient rehearsal time either in Grand Forks or Fargo.
- Compensation is based upon a number of factors, but usually limited to travel expenses.
Guest Artist. These are artists who make regular appearances with the Cats.
- Guest artists are eligible for performance fees and commissions on bookings.
- How commissions work:
- Guest artists will be issued official Cat’s business cards, promotional materials, and helpful tips on how to ‘make the sale.’
- If you know of an opportunity to perform, an advance courtesy call to Jeff or Greg is appreciated. However, opportunities often appear unexpectedly. In this case, our over-riding attitude is ‘make the pitch.’ We can work out details later.
- If the Guest Artist makes the initial outreach/pitch resulting in a gig:
- They will be eligible for a 10% gross commission of the performance fees.
- They will be given ‘right of first refusal’ to perform at the gig.
- If the gig results in repeat business with that particular client, the Guest Artist will receive a 10% commission on every Cats engagement with that particular client for a period of 12 months from the date of the first engagement, independent of whether the Guest Artist performs the date(s).
Interested? Contact us!
|Jeff Anvinson||Greg Jeffrey|
|(701) 215-8095||(701) 205-6366|